3.08.2007

Just Plain Thursday

I can just hear him now: "Don't you mean fifth day?"
The non-plain fellow is John the Evangelist, taken from a medieval illuminated manuscript (or something like that). The quote, however, is taken out of context: it was originally aimed at a young woman who bears a striking resemblance to Mai.

I realize that Plain-man doesn't look like Che Guevara, but I suspect that the reference will make a few people laugh (now that's some obscurely self-referential humor!)
On a completely different topic:
When reading, it's always good to use the principle of charity. However, sometimes it's more fun to take the author literally. Here's rewritten Darwin:
"Our 'imaginary ideas' arise from the monkeys of the soul..."
Speaking of monkeys of the soul, I think it's time for class.

1 comment:

BrianY said...

For once, I got your obscure humor... ah, "Panic in Detroit." I don't think he looks much like Che, either, but I'd sooner have a T-shirt with his likeness than Che's.