8.22.2008

"Il n'y a pas de hors-texte."


I haven't been reading Derrida lately (that is, I haven't lost my mind completely), but I ran across this phrase after talking to a friend about a class... it's a long, pointless story, and while I have the capacity for vast rambling monologues, I'll just quote Tony Domestico, who translates it as, "there is nothing outside the text or, more literally, there is no outside-text."

I've been reading John Sanford's book, Evil, while I wait to hear back from jobs. It's not particularly well written (and I'm happy to elaborate if there is interest), but it hasn't been a particularly successful job search, either. I'm particularly irritated at a mid-sized university in the Mid-Atlantic region, who shall remain nameless because I may file a complaint about their sloppiness.
I don't like feeling jerked around.

3 comments:

mellowknees said...

Yo no hablo frances.

Mr. Miro said...

I don't know where "Frances" is either, but I've added some written content to the post, if that helps.

mellowknees said...

Frances says thanks.