7.15.2009

Almost Finished




























These are cell phone snapshots of a work in progress; I haven't been drawing many straighforward cartoons lately.

When I haven't been painting, I've been filing charges for academic dishonesty against some of the students of my last class. I keep reminding myself that this was a really good class, prior to the grading of the final exam, and that some of my best students at this particular school have been nursing students. I am still pretty irritated, not least by the fact that I've gotten my final paycheck, I don't know when--or where--I'll be teaching again, and I can't be finished with this last semester. I just want to be done.

Maybe tomorrow.
The painting--"Jungle Miro"--is already finished, but I still haven't come up with a way to get a decent photo of my non-cartoon work. Perhaps a cell phone camera isn't really the right way to go.

3 comments:

BrianY said...

Hey--I like the painting, and to see the stages of your process is cool. What did you do between #2 and #3? All of a sudden a lot of the details are washed out.

I'm sorry to hear about the bad ending to yr most recent class. Am I right in think this was the ethics class? Yikes.

Mr. Miro said...

I scraped semi-opaque acrylic over the ink and watercolor sketch in an attempt to place Mr. Miro in the jungle. I hope that the loss of detail gains in depth, but I'm not sure that comes through even in person, much less in these pictures.

Yeah, an ethics class. Next time I'll start with the Code and go from there: stuff you should have learned a long time ago.

Michael M. said...

"You" meaning the students--not Brian, right? Otherwise... Brian! Shame! Cheating makes baby George Fox cry.