12.12.2009

Pop






I haven't been painting houses this week; mostly I've been looking for a job in Syracuse.


Also, I've been painting various pictures, and it occurred to me that although I have assumed that I could do something largish because of my (ahem) artistic experience combined with my practical experience painting houses. I've never tried it before, though.


You may recognize the cup from a picture I posted earlier this week; that one was done with acrylics on a 9 1/2" x 12 1/2" piece of paper, whereas this (mostly) latex on a 2' x 2' birch panel. That seems true enough to Pop principles - simple and familiar image, taken out of context and enlarged, using commercial media. Not really that large compared to a lot of Pop art, but it's much larger than anything else I've painted in a long time.


Now, if I could just focus my obsessiveness on something more productive...


01/02/10 Update: here's the "better picture," and I decided to leave both up so you can get a sense of the picture:

No comments: