1.15.2010

A Second Cup


I started reading Gordon Kaufman's An Essay on Theological Method again yesterday; an interesting contrast with Rudolph Bultmann's Jesus and the Word.
Also an interesting contrast with David Jensen's In the Company of Others, which my local book group has been reading on my recommendation.
Well, I recommended that we read it; I'm not sure who has actually done the reading. Are all book groups like this? Not that they haven't been reading: several of the people wanted to talk about another book which they had read (but I had not), Pema Chödrön's Taking the Leap.
I have since read the first chapter, and I'm not terribly impressed. I'd much rather re-read Joko Beck's Everyday Zen.
None of which has to do with the picture here, except that coffee was consumed during the reading of all these various books.

No comments: