8.19.2011

Radio, Radio


Okay, so I've used this title before, and neither this post nor the last has anything to do with Elvis Costello (whom I've been listening to on YouTube lately).
I may have mentioned that the CD player in my car died about a year ago, just as I was starting my hour-plus commute twice a week; thus, I've been listening to the radio a lot here in CNY. What have I found? A lot of stations that are surprisingly like the one I listened to as a teenager (KGON - note that they're advertising Def Leppard) and the station I listened to in Roanoke when I was painting houses (WROV). Classic rock, and today's best rock! Well, not so much.
But it's not just one station here: I've been driving all over CNY, so I listen to stations from Kingston, Ontario and Watertown (NY), through Syracuse, the Finger Lakes, and into Rochester
(and I'm not going to list the stations, there's seven I listen to regularly and I really don't remember all their call letters). Collectively, they play more Neil Young, Rush, Guess Who, BTO, Red Rider, Neil Young (yes, they play a lot of Neil Young) - that is, Canadian bands - than I'm used to, but that's okay. However, it's somewhat dismaying to hear so much Lynyrd Skynyrd and Allman Brothers: I thought I left the south!

The cartoon is related to this post - credit to Julie for the link.

No comments: