8.07.2014

Thursday already?

The week has somehow flown by, but I will briefly tell the story I alluded to last time.

I bought a "new" CD: Cheap Trick, at Budokan, and was listening to it with my wife (who was unfamiliar with it). I was reminiscing about listening to this as a junior-highschooler, and she asked what I thought me-in-the-early-eighties would think if "he" could see me now. 

I think I would have been happy to see that I had a pretty wife, and a nice house. I would probably have been happy to know that I had a PhD and had written a book, even if the book got mixed reviews (no link!). I would have been surprised to learn that I was working as a hospice chaplain, although that's more difficult to gauge: as I've said before (somewhere, I'm sure), my family wasn't very religious when I was growing up, but at some point I developed a curiosity about mystical traditions (mostly Sufi and Taoist, Buddhism came much later). I have more thoughts on that point which I might write out later. 

But the thing that would have surprised me the most? Ohio. It still kinda surprises me. 

No comments: