12.20.2014

Falling behind...

So, I thought I was going to keep my blog up better this year, and in a sense I have. But not like I had intended. I also haven't quite kicked my "new blog" into gear yet. We'll see how that goes. Anyhow, here's a cartoon inspired by actual events.













And a poem by Mary Oliver, Making the House Ready for the Lord, because I like Mary Oliver.


Dear Lord, I have swept and I have washed but


still nothing is as shining as it should be

for you. Under the sink, for example, is an

uproar of mice - it is the season of their


many children. What shall I do? And under the eaves


and through the walls the squirrels


have gnawed their ragged entrances - but it is the season


when they need shelter, so what shall I do? And


the raccoon limps into the kitchen and opens the cupboard


while the dog snores, the cat hugs the pillow;


what shall I do? Beautiful is the new snow falling


in the yard and the fox who is staring boldly


up the path, to the door. And still I believe you will


come, Lord: you will, when I speak to the fox,


the sparrow, the lost dog, the shivering sea-goose, know 


that really I am speaking to you whenever I say,


as I do all morning and afternoon: Come in, Come in.

No comments: