4.24.2007

Swan Song



n.
a person's final public performance or professional activity before retirement: he has decided to make this tour his swan song.
- ORIGIN early 19th cent.: suggested by German Schwanengesang, a song like that fabled to be sung by a dying swan
(from The New Oxford American Dictionary)


I was hoping to offer a t-shirt through Cafe Press indicating both status as alumni of our fair school, and a reassurance that the wearer is not bitter. (Something subtle, such as, "I'm not bitter!") I suspect I'd sell at least one shirt; but I don't have time to monkey around with them today.


On the street where you live
: I was on the street where I used to live last week, and noticed something that I had forgotten and not missed: naked jogging man.
Well, he's not naked, just wearing very few clothes. But it's almost enough to make you curse the good weather.


And one last plug for tonight's show: be there or be square! (Of course, some people like that sort of thing.)

Quote of the Day: "There's only so much lint in one's navel."
Said by a woman who has never seen my navel.

No comments: