10.18.2009

Friday painting - not this Friday but last







After posting pictures of last weekend's paintings, I realized that I could also post pictures of what I paint during the week as well. This is the sign for Towers Mall (no big surprise), and Dante and I painted both the white support structure, and the gray around the letters.
The last picture is of Dante, who normally isn't a raccoon.
When I was a kid, I would occasionally hear about someone who had immigrated to the United States, usually as a refugee, who had been a doctor in his or her home country, who is now working as a janitor here. I always thought that would be horrible, and couldn't understand how people could do that. I'm not quite in the same position, but I have a glimpse. Sometimes I wallow in self-pity, but for the most part I just deal with it, happy to have a job, particularly since it doesn't seem as though I can find a job that pays better than painting houses.

No comments: