5.23.2013

Meet You at the Moon



I'm preaching on Sunday, and I'm just not coming up with anything. Ecclesiastes usually inspires me, but I don't have much at the moment other than, "wisdom can't save you but it beats foolishness, pleasure is fleeting but enjoy the days you have." It seems to me at odds with Matthew 6:25-34, even though it reminds me of that passage: strive first for the kingdom and its righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that they don't quite match up - that I can't quite make Jesus say, enjoy what you have while you can. They both certainly say, it's not worth worrying about too much.
Anyhow: I might enjoy parsing the passage in Matthew and comparing it to Ecclesiastes, but I don't know that it would be a good sermon. I'm tired and I don't want to do my homework. At the same time, I'm still doing quite a bit of personal writing, but don't have anything to share on the blog at the moment. I joked a few weeks ago about writing a new novel - or seriously revising one of the drafts I have - and I wonder if that's where my current writing is headed.
The "blue doodle" is something that I started while proctoring my final final exam, and there will be more iterations of it in the future.

No comments: