5.27.2013

Memorial Day

I'm doing much today, but also not particularly inspired to write. Yesterday's sermon didn't progress much - if anything, it may turn into some kind of academic-ish essay on the relation between Ecclesiastes and Aristotle's Nichomachean Ethics (i.e., what kind of life is suitable for a human being). They seemed to like it, although one woman pointed out that "there wasn't much religion" in my sermon.

I've attached yet another poor-quality picture, this of my most recent painting. A friend pointed out last week that I hadn't posted it: this gives you a sense of it. I haven't started my next painting - even though the panel is primed and ready to go, and I have a clear idea of what it's going to look like - because I have other projects I need to be working on. Actually, I should probably be working on one of them right now, since I said it would be done tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: