6.08.2013

Going to Cuba

I thought I had posted a previous version of this painting before, but I can't find it on this blog. In any case, I recently looked at the river and thought - "that's not right!" - and repainted it to look more realistic (I realize the tree still has a kind of inner glow, but that's intentional).

Thinking more about my previous post: I'm not terribly expressive when it comes to positive emotions. But you know what? It seems that my friends - people who are actually paying attention - recognize the difference between me humoring them and expressing (quiet) enthusiasm. Getting excited about chickens - "CHICKENS!!!" - would have been way out of character, even when I'm not depressed. There are times when I need to make sure that I've correctly conveyed my response, because I hate to be left out just because it didn't seem like I wanted to... whatever. But there are other times when I wish other people would just trust me, at least the people who know me, and know that my yes means yes and my no means no. Probably I need to be more expressive: but it's not all my fault.

...and then I delete a long couple of paragraph on the 7 in the enneagram, because I ought to be working on a sermon.

No comments: