5.19.2006

Friday

Today I'm really, really sleepy. And sneezy. (I'm sure grumpy is nearby, and possibly dopey).
I continue to sit with the conservative/liberal distinction I've suggested, and the more I talk to people the more I realize that I might be picking up on some other trait. Spencer B., for instance (I really can't remember his last name) was a clear example of someone who was politically and religiously conservative who was very much focused on the letter of the law; but is this necessary or contingent?
Perhaps contingent.
We began our discussion of the enneagram today with the observation that any attempt to categorize people is always a bit messy; and yet, since there are some clear connections between types of people, we continue to be drawn towards sorting them out. I'll keep thinking about this distinction, though.

No comments: