5.23.2006

No Cartoon!

I'm not sure I can come up with anything insightful without a cartoon to distract you from the text... but here goes. A lot is going through my head these days, including Myers-Briggs types, Enneagram numbers, spiritual gifts that we may or may not have (and more importantly, may or may not claim, or have supported). Wondering about a summer job... and when I'll get back to Roanoke. And other mundane things I don't like to think about.

I keep meaning to find my copy of Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet, since I keep seeing the phrase, "live the questions"; yet part of me wonders if the desire to read is precisely an evasion of those questions.

Several people this morning talked about the gift of writing, a gift which I have been reluctant to claim. However, I have a half-finished essay on Kant and Kierkegaard that I need to finish and submit; the real hold-up is deciding on a suitable venue, since the sort of revisions that need to be made depend on where I submit it. But thats my pattern: I've started something that might be worthwhile, but I can't quite get around to finishing it and submitting it to public scrutiny. (Does this sound more like an INFP or a 5? Explain)

I've also continued to think about the politics of rock & roll as a medium, as well as concrete examples in which the Myers-Briggs Thinker/Feeler split manifests itself in politics. But I'll save that for a later posting, so you can be distracted by a cartoon.

No comments: