12.05.2006

Caffeinated Bullwinkle Universe, part 2



I wonder who might come out of the hat--perhaps Brother Blüz.

Then again, maybe not: Bullwinkle's magic tricks never quite worked out, and it's not clear that mine will end up any better.

Every day I get a little bit closer to that light at the end of the tunnel, but I have this fear that there's just another tunnel ahead.

But I've got Rhymin' Simon in my head this morning--still crazy after all these years. So I guess it could be worse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I forgot to note when posting this that they aren't just random lyrics. This song was being played frequently (overplayed) on the radio while I was taking the preaching class, and the last verse in particular made me think of sermon writing. Of course, sometimes everything makes me think of sermons; maybe you'll read it and see no connection.

Mr. Miro said...

I figured they weren't "random"--at least they linked up with my own "light at the end of the tunnel" image. I have to say, I really feel old when I don't know the "AC" musicians. I remember when Rhymin' Simon was AC; perhaps he still is.
"Still Crazy" wasn't a random reference, either, but I doubt I could work it into a sermon.

Anonymous said...

AC?

Mr. Miro said...

"Adult Ccontemporary"
As rhymin' Simon says, "get on the bus, gus"

Anonymous said...

"Get on the bus, gus"? You're the one who didn't know the song! You know the one by, um, what's-her-face.

Ok, I'll confess: I don't even know where the AC bus stop is.

Mr. Miro said...

Haven't you been following the strand below about the radio? Anyhow, don't feel bad--the AC bus doesn't stop in this town.