2.22.2007

Plain Man





It was recently pointed out to me that, despite promises, I haven't posted any Plain Man cartoons. Here's a start.


Any similarity to R. Scot Miller is coincidental: I'm just not that good of an artist.

The quotes are his, though.

And, on a related note, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Brother Blüz. Perhaps even on a tshirt!






I guess I should explain a few of the references: Antonio Negri is an Italian Marxist who has co-authored a book called Empire.

And 'emotivism' is a philosophical theory according to which moral judgments are expressions of our non-cognitive preferences, rather than being grounded in reason.

At least my obscure references aren't merely self-referential.
Not today.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Maybe Plain Man needs some training.

Okay, that was just an excuse to post the link.

BrianY said...

Thanks for posting the not-Scot cartoons, MM! And I think you're wrong about not being cut out for plainness-- I'd like to see more plain Miro.

Mr. Miro said...

"Stop your Quaker's bad behavior"--but then where would the cartoons come from?