3.15.2006

Max and Vanna

Sometimes the reason for not doing something becomes the reason to do it very quickly and unexpectedly. Take this cartoon, for instance. I thought, "no one will understand this." But, while I was trying to explain why I wouldn't post this cartoon, it quickly dawned on me that this was an opportunity to fill in some much needed cultural awareness. "Who is Max... whatever you said?" Even the phrase "New Coke" got a puzzled look. So here it stands, an icon to the horror that was the late eighties.

1 comment:

Mr. Miro said...

Some might complain that I haven't really explained anything at all: Vanna who? What is Max Headroom's connection to her? Or to New Coke--really, what does New Coke have to do with it? But I see the cartoon as commentary, not explanation: let someone else fill in the gaps.