4.26.2013

Type, delete, type, delete, type, delete

During the past week, I keep starting blog posts about serious subjects, and then realize there's no way I can really post them. Then I remind myself that this blog was always supposed to be about the cartoons, not the writing: so screw it. Meet Mr. Miro again! (Don't expect a book by Marcus Borg.)

I'm tempted to tell you about reading comic books, but ironically that would take too much research for the time I have at the moment. But Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay continues to be my favorite novel, and I was very disappointed with this movie. The slightly longer version of that story is that I was captivated by Frank Miller's vision of Daredevil (the man without fear!) but didn't manage to make the jump over to Batman with him.  

(Somewhere, someone is saying, "but reading comic books is a serious subject!")

No comments: