4.01.2013

Frustrations

I don't know if it's more awkward to write for a "generic" audience - I don't know who you are, whoever is googling me in Russia! - or to write for a discrete number of individuals who I think visit this blog.

This morning's frustrations are, as with most mornings, with myself: things I said, things I didn't say, things I get worked up about that I wish wouldn't provoke that kind of reaction. More particularly: things I quoted sufficiently out of context that they probably either made no sense, at best. Questions put to me by various people that I evaded without grace. Terse answers to legitimate questions, when even a tiny bit of etiquette would have gone a long way.

One of the things I like about painting is to focus on color, on shape, and let the thoughts float around as they will. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not so much. It's always a bit of a jumble in there, and trying to straighten things out usually makes more of a mess. Anyhow, I'd rather be painting right now than preparing to teach (oops - I'm obviously posting on my blog rather than preparing to teach). And with that....

No comments: