4.19.2006

How can I keep from singing?



A friend sent me a link to a Myers-Briggs site that includes a test and a profile. I actually prefer their personality typology better than the Enneagram, probably because I like Jung, and had read this book before I even heard of Myers and Briggs.
I'm amused that the INFP is the only type that seems to have a theme song:

“I go – but where, o gods
since for his torment and my pleas
Heaven offers no pity?

You who speak to my heart,
Guide my steps, dear love;
Ease that uncertainty,
That urges me to doubt.”

- LORENZO DA PONTE (1749-1838)

The INFP is identified on this web site as the "Lyricist." Judging from the results of the PoF Robot-Song-Off, not a stellar lyricist...

4 comments:

Matthew Hisrich said...

Hey now, honorable mention isn't a bad showing for someone unwilling to produce a new song for the contest.

Mr. Miro said...

I have to wait for the muse to speak... I can't just produce songs on demand. Especially about robots.

BrianY said...

Or theologians.

Re: the cartoon, isn't having the soul of Frank Sinatra something of a spiritual liability?

Mr. Miro said...

Spiritual liability, yes. But you don't really get to choose that sort of thing, and at least I'm usually well-dressed.
But are you implying that I can't write songs about theologians on demand? Perhaps I'll crank one out about the Niebuhr brothers over the weekend; I already have one about Leonardo Boff.
I really ought to write a song about Bill Domeris and the end of apartheid...