4.18.2006

Just for fun...


Despite only getting "honorable" mention in the PoF 2006 Robot-Song-Off, I'm still glad I was able to participate.
On a different note, someone--perhaps August J. Pollak--has provided a link to yet another cartoon site on the web. Perhaps it wasn't August J. himself, however--I don't want to draw any unwarranted conclusions. In any case, I'm not really up for the whole "Self-martyr magazine" today, even though I think there is a legitimate fear of censorship from the Önim Hotel chain.
As I mentioned before, however, it wasn't so much a dislike of the hotel as it was a dislike of the hotel-industry in general and the assistant manager in particular.
Watch as the saga unfolds!

2 comments:

BrianY said...

Did the sign really say "No Exit"? Shouldn't Mr Miro have something by Sartre under his arm?

Mr. Miro said...

If I were interviewing job candidates, someone carrying any of Sartre's writings would pretty much be written off as soon as they entered the room. Worse than a pierced lip. Nausea? Being and Nothingness? Doesn't sound like the reading material of a productive go-getter.
Qua cartoon, I assume the reader is familiar with Sartre's work, and will therefore anticipate the hellish interactions that will follow. But the real question is, am I making a legitimate reference in order to say a lot without spelling it all out, or I am merely ripping off Sartre in an attempt to make people think I'm smart (i.e., someone who has read "deep thinkers" such as Sartre)?
Speaking of which, watch for my new character, "Kafkegaard"!