10.30.2006

Pre-emptive Explanation


I have a ton of work to do, but I thought I'd take time for my loyal readers to post an explanation as to why--after getting criticism about "Search & Destroy" on my second CD--I would include not just one, but two songs by Iggy Pop. Here's the short version:

In high school, I listened to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd (staples of the angst-ridden suburbanite), but also the Ramones and the Clash. My dad liked some of it, didn't like some of it, but mostly didn't pay any attention EXCEPT for Iggy and the Stooges Raw Power. I of course had David Bowie's much criticized original mix, but my dad was worried that it was damaging the stereo. Not because it was too loud, but just because... well, I encourage you to listen to it yourselves.
In any case, I can't imagine anything better to encourage an otherwise-tame 15 year old to expand his collection of Iggy Pop records.
Okay, now back to work!

No comments: