10.17.2006

Rain, I don't mind

This cartoon would have been more appropriate during the last two weeks, when I was buried under a pile of work; however, as I think about tomorrow it still seems appropriate.
I had two dreams last night (neither of which I'll share on the blog, so don't worry--talk about obscurely self-referential!), but the songs were interesting. I woke up with a mash-up of Miles Davis' Right Off (from Tribute to Jack Johnson) with Mick Jagger singing Sympathy for the Devil over the top of it (and I've linked that recently, so I won't link it again). So that was odd.
Walking in this morning (in the rain) I was thinking about the negative imagery of rain in CCR lyrics (Who'll Stop the Rain, Have You Ever Seen the Rain) as opposed to John Lennon's Rain:
"I can show you that when it starts to rain
Everything's the same
I can show you..."

No comments: